SF Lawyers want to remind all concerned that they have the right to seek compensation. Many of those affected are unaware of their rights and rely on the information provided by Vueling, which in most cases is wrong or incomplete.
These are the rights of the passenger in the event of cancellation or delay (more than five hours) flight:
- You can choose between making the journey or refund of the ticket within seven days.
- Right to a return flight from the point where the journey is interrupted or be transported to their destination by the fastest means of transport.
- Right to assistance from the company: food, drink, communications and accommodation if necessary.
- If the flight is canceled or there is a delay exceeding three hours, the passenger is entitled to the following financial compensation (compensation set out in Regulation (EC) 261/2004) which vary depending on the distance of the journey and destination:
- On flights up to1500 km, 250 euros.
- On flights between 1.500 and 3.500 km, 400 euros.
- Intra-Community flights of more than 1.500 km, 400 euros.
- Flights over 3.500 km, 600 euros.
If accept a flight with a delay not exceeding 5 hours, these financial compensation is halved.
- The right to claim for any additional damages.
Once the passenger know your rights, you should know what is the most effective way to claim them and get them. Facing no opposition from the line, the most effective way, is undoubtedly the court.