The irruption of communication technologies in companies sets a new reality in labor relations. Work orders, communications, evaluations, reports and analyzes reach employees and managers through technological means. A generation of increasingly technological workers, consolidates this innovation.
Emails, social networks and even applications such as WhatsApp, have become valid means that interrelate people. This change in the communicational and documentary reality, is one of the factors that have forced to readjust the legal system.
MANIFESTATIONS OF THE LEGAL UPDATE OF LABOR RELATIONS
The legal actions that show this way of legal update are constant. Every day there are innovative sentences that show that justice moves with society.
The acceptance of virtual tests that involve informal communication systems, external to the organization, is a clear example of this progress. In several judicial actions, statements have been validated that employees and bosses are sent via WhatsApp. Communications that many employees have maintained via Yahoo Messenger or Facebook have also been accepted as proof.
This legal modernization of labor relations impacts the network of links that take place in a company. When any type of disagreement or conflict arises, the different agents can be imprisoned in their words and actions, regardless of the communication channel they use. And this applies to employees as well as to bosses and entrepreneurs.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF LABOR RELATIONS IN THESE TIMES?
- They are much more flexible and horizontal.
- Leadership is more a matter of example, organization and commitment, than of authority.
- Faced with an error, the culprit is not thought worthy of punishment, but in a person who requires learning.
- Teamwork is the axis of organizational development. For a team to work there must be commitment and involvement with the task.
- The arrival of millennials in the labor market has brought about a rotation in jobs, which is already seen as natural.
- Temporary employment contracts are imposed with great impulse, including through companies that hire for another, as labor intermediaries.
- The organization is concerned with the development of the employee, for strengthening it and for contributing to the advancement of his career.
CHANGE OF FOCUS OF LEGAL ADVISORS
The combined technological impact, a work culture renewed by the new generations, constitute a challenge for the legal advisers of the organizations.
This new work environment, with its enormous diversity, has forced important changes in Labor Law, both legal and regulatory. Undoubtedly, rigid legislation reduces the dynamism of the labor market.
The legal update in the rules that govern labor relations must go through flexibility and conciliation. Nothing is forever nor lasts indefinitely. That is the reality to which Labor Law must address.
Valuable initiatives have emerged from the private sphere. In the Forums, current issues regarding labor relations and legislation are reported and discussed. Technicians and entrepreneurs exchange experiences and knowledge.
The permanent modernization of Labor Law that accompanies the constant changes of society, constitute a key element for the fluidity of organizations.
Writings SF Lawyers