- Phishing and pharming: are two methods of phishing. In phishing, the cybercriminal gets trick the user by e usually spam, inviting him to make such a banking operation on a page that apparently has the same appearance as your bank. Pharming's success is that it is not necessary that you make a banking operation accessing the page through a link that gives the scammer. The user attempts to access directly from your browser with normal usual, except that the page you access will not be the original.
- Botnets: are software robots that are installed on our computers, either through an email spam, or some malware installed on any download. One of the peculiarities of this fraud online ecommerce is that the scammer usually in a country that probably have vetoed the online purchase in countless places by the amount of fraud committed, so use our IP and computer information for it appears that the purchase is made from an allowed country. This deception is usually done in shops ticketing and his trail is quite difficult to follow. It is estimated that there may be more than three million botnets swarming the net.
- Re-shipping: a fraudster purchase in an online trading with a stolen card and use a mule, people who receive the goods in exchange for a commission, to avoid detection. Upon receipt of the goods, the mule sends it to the fraudster.
- Affiliate Fraud: you launch a campaign of many products at a very good discount, imitating the best known affiliate programs, but affiliate program is false.
- Identity Theft: Identity theft is any kind of fraud arising from the personal dedatos loss, for example, passwords, user names, banking information or credit card numbers. In this type of online fraud, con man's imagination has no limits: thieves have countless methods to seize that personal information: stealing mail from mailboxes, rummaging in garbage cans with false phone calls, ...
- Fraud friend: We received a purchase, a priori all right. We deliver the goods but although everything seemed normal in a few days receive a refund. What it happened ?, Because our client has declared as fraudulent purchase at your bank, although in reality it was he who made the purchase.
- Account Takeover: when the fraudster obtains data from a user or customer, take control of your account, and change some data from it to perform online fraud. The most common are: changes of address, add a new shipping address, change a phone number ...
- Clean fraud: the one of the systems of online fraud in the most sophisticated e-commerce. All account details are correct, the card meets all security protocols, IP data are correct, ..